Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Matters (Peace Family Reunion)

Normally, I speak out to my buyers on Monday's but today I want to speak out to EVERYONE, and talk about family.

This weekend was my Peace Family Reunion. Where my family for different parts of the east gather to celebrate what God has given us and the family that keeps growing. My Aunt Margaret and Uncle James were celebrating 73 years together. WoW!!! Is all I have to say. That is true love. I look at them and they still have spunk at 90 and 93. You cannot help but smile. And as we all sit there and celebrate the one's are with us. There is the calm in the room and the presence of the one's who have left us. One of the younger generations ask my cousin Denise to put the camera down and Denise made a comment that is so true. "One day the pictures we take will be all that are left of us." Memories in the making.

In all, family is the only thing we have that stays forever, and cannot be broken. Please hold tight to the family you have and make every opportunity you can to see them. If my 90 and 93 year old Aunt and Uncle can make it from Ohio to be with us for one weekend, I am sure we can drive 30 minutes at least once a month to see our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment